Psoriasis Forum Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Product Trial on Severe Psoriasis

5 posters

Go down

New Product Trial on Severe Psoriasis Empty New Product Trial on Severe Psoriasis

Post by alex Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:38 am

My name is Alex, I have P for 2 years. Came across this forum after some online searching. I read on a separate thread by "Arif" about his derma discussing a 3 month trial on a new drug based on "olive oil".

If I am correct, Arif and I share the same derm at Gleneagles (Arif, can you confirm?). I wanted to sign up for the trial, but I did not qualify, as my derma determined that my condition was not serious enough (less than 5% TBA).

I have been researching this product since having been rejected from the trial and have found records of good results on the drug in Japan and other parts of world. Based on these findings and my discussion with my derm, I started on this drug (my derm prescribes it to me) without being on the free trial.

I must say, both my derm and I are happy with the results on my condition after about 2 months. According to my derm, majority of patients are getting positive results. There are some who did not get the desired outcome.

The company marketing the product has an active website and blog that I read > http://www.olivenol-livin.com.my

There are a lot of mention of arthritis and inflammatory joint conditions. The mention of P is minimal. That has always surprised me, as I expect them to be more active marketing it for P given its effectiveness.

However, today, they posted this article > http://www.olivenol-livin.com.my/blog/do-you-know-anyone-with-severe-psoriasis/ and even mentioned the Gleneagles trial (although no name was mentioned).

I plan to join this programme. From the description, they will provide FOC product for 3 months. If I am accepted, that will safe me about RM570. I'm sure my derm would be less happy lol! But in this hardtimes like these, every dollar saved is worth many in the future.

Although my derm given this drug only to selected P patients (I dont know why!), he has only good thing to say each time I visit him for my monthly prescription.

If any of you on this forum are keen, you should contact them.

Just sharing...

alex

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Back to top Go down

New Product Trial on Severe Psoriasis Empty Re: New Product Trial on Severe Psoriasis

Post by Dom Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:28 pm

Hi Alex,

Thanks for announcing and sharing this. We presume that this is oral medication. Some questions:

(a) How many tablets (presume table form) do you take a day i.e. what is the dosage?
(b) What is the cost per dosage?
Dom
Dom

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Back to top Go down

New Product Trial on Severe Psoriasis Empty Re: New Product Trial on Severe Psoriasis

Post by alex Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:04 pm

Hello Dom

The product comes in 2 forms - Capsule and Liquid. Both to be taken orally. Liquid is for oral consumption and not for external application.

My derm prescribe the liquid to all his patients. So I am taking the liquid. The bottle is 60ml I think.. enough for 1 month. Dosage is 2 ml per day.

Price at my derm is 189 per bottle. So daily dosage costs about 3.25$ Very reasonable compared to other things I have taken.

I have contacted the company and they have put me on the waiting list for the trial. They are only looking for 10 P sufferers. I may not qualify, coz they want those who have NOT YET taken it before. (I should have been less honest and not tell them about my history!!)

Although I told them, given my experience, I am only going to have positive comments for the product, they are pretty strict that they won't accept me if there are more than 10 applicants who have not yet taken the product.

It appears they are not interested in guaranteed positive feedback. WEIRD!! I thought businessman are all devious and unscrupulous. This bunch of people are nothing like that.

So I may not get the 3 months free use that I hoped for!. :-(

Hope others on this forum can benefit from this.

alex

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:31 pm

Alex,

Interesting information. Do you know how the product works? Does it suppress inflamation? Or lowers the symptoms of psoriasis?

Is there an underlying objective? Example: Soriatane/Acitretin that I am taking works to suppress skin cell growth and psoriasis along with it. Over to you Smile
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post by alex Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:35 am

Dom: I think the objective of the latest programme is not as well defined. My derm did explain to me the objective is his trial of the product - to measure the potential of product to inhibit pro-inflammatory genes in our screwed up immune system from flaring. it involves taking blood sample before and after to record changes in inflammation markers.

alex

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:43 pm

inhibit pro-inflammatory genes
Wow... I'm not an expert but I though only super-duper-advanced-lab-created drugs could inhibit genes. Keep us up to date if you have any "new news" Smile
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post by arif Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:29 pm

hi guys... i've been away for few months. Anyway, i'm no longer seeing dr. alan yee as i already resigned from my previous company. well, u all know how much is cost in gleaneagles.

ok, I would like to update about the olivinol that alex been telling. U can find at pharmacy now... i think caring pharmacy. I saw one at the gardens, mid valley. level? same level as cold storage, in front of 1 kopitiam.

as suggest by doc, a liquid would more effective. although as in bottle said 2ml per day but i just follow what doc ask. 1 normal spoon perday or 20 drops perday. taste? bitter a bit and smell like beer or something.... i dont drink but i know the smell of beer. take at morning. do this for whole life.

how it response to me? well, i'm not kinda of very patient person. so, i did stop but since this month... i start to take it again. y? dont ask la...

one thing i notice after 2 month use it, my P slowly growing. anyway, do not stop what ever u take as olivinol is a supplementary health. not a medicine or so called drugs. even a normal person can take it.

arif

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:44 pm

Hi Arif, thanks for the update. How is your P now? How many percent you reckon (agak agak boleh)?

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 29

https://psoriasismalaysia.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alex Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:48 am

Hi guys, check out the links to 10 P-bloggers who are taking part in "Living with Psoriasis" project. Read the banter, comments and interactions between them.

http://olivenol-livin.blogspot.com

I enjoyed reading and able to relate to everything said. Also very impressed with the improvement on the scalp of one blogger. Yes, they post photos!

Dom, I think our other P friends would be interested to know about this too. Perhaps, you could do something to publicise this?

alex

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:06 pm

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your post. I went over to the blogspot

I reckon let's wait and see before we "highlight" http://olivenol-livin.blogspot.com

From what I've read in the english blogs, those on trial didn't report that much improvement yet. Unless I read wrongly, please point out to me. Thanks.

I'll be attending the psoriasis association annual general meeting today. Will check it out to see if there are any other members on olivenol.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 29

https://psoriasismalaysia.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mithra Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:23 pm

There can be substantial variation between individuals in the effectiveness of specific psoriasis treatments. Because of this, dermatologists often use a trial-and-error approach to finding the most appropriate treatment for their patient. The decision to employ a particular treatment is based on the type of psoriasis, its location, extent and severity. The patient’s age, sex, quality of life, comorbidities, and attitude toward risks associated with the treatment are also taken into consideration.
=====================
fraternity bow ties bow ties

mithra

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down