Psoriasis Forum Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Olive Oil

+2
Dom
arif
6 posters

Go down

Olive Oil Empty Olive Oil

Post by arif Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:21 pm

I have met my doc today. He mentioned that there is new drugs made from olive oil and would like me to test it. I need to use it for 3 months starting next month. During the period, they will provide the drugs FOC as well as blood test.

I will keep posting here the result. U may ask your dermatologist about the new drug made from olive oil. You will need to fill up some form la... its more to get to know you and your lifestyle better.

Hope this will help me to reduce or remove my patches. It starting to grow all over my body.

arif

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

Olive Oil Empty Re: Olive Oil

Post by Dom Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:18 pm

Hi Arif,

This is interesting news. There has been quite a buzz on the "indigo" and Psoriasis (Google Indigo & Psoriasis) on the net but this is the first I've heard of olive oil based medicine. Would like to ask the following:

(a) Who is the manufacturer of the drug? Global Pharmaceutical or regional or local based?
(b) Is it via pill, injection, etc?
(c) Is there a name for this drug?
Dom
Dom

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by arif Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:47 pm

I definitely dont have the infos yet. My derma only asked if I want to be participate in testing new drug based on olive oil. I only can review it on next month, after my visit.

arif

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:17 pm

Ok. Thanks and keep us posted Smile
Dom
Dom

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by EcSTaTiC Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:38 pm

Actually my derm told me to apply olive oil to my scalp before, he said it would work but my scalp cleared before I tried so my olive oil ended up in my food. Anyone with scalp problem wanna try?

EcSTaTiC

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Shah Tue May 26, 2009 11:12 pm

so your psoriasis is gone? by using olive?? gone completely???
Shah
Shah

Number of posts : 16
Job/Hobbies : Part time Computer Technician & Student
Status : Single, Suffers Psoriasis (well ppl should know that lol)
Registration date : 2009-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by dewadurjana Sun May 23, 2010 12:31 am

may be ecstatic it self gone from here Smile missing in action.. lol hahaha

dewadurjana

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Olive Oil Empty Olive Oil

Post by sindhu88 Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:38 pm

For all its health benefits olive oil has always had one slight problem in India — it isn’t particularly suited to Indian food. We rarely eat uncooked oil — there are occasional recipes like the Bengali ones using raw mustard oil as a delicious pungent seasoning, but in general we always heat oil for our food, which rules out EVOO straightaway.
Regular olive oil is also not so great at the high heat needed for something like a tadka, and it also tends to leave a heavy, greasy feeling. Several Indian chefs, under orders to use olive oil in their kitchens, have quietly moaned to me about its limitations. If I still eat Indian food at the Taj’s restaurants, which suffer under a particularly illogical ban on ghee in favour of olive oil, it’s because I know some chefs are still quietly using ghee as an essential flavouring for Indian food.
I guess EVOO is short for extra virgin olive oil, he doesn’t say. The writer also talks about how the manufacturers also believe these ideas and therefore introduced..

============================

Office Chairs | Chairs

sindhu88

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum