Psoriasis Forum Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Health Dashboard

3 posters

Go down

Health Dashboard Empty Re: Health Dashboard

Post by msadv Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:14 pm

I actually read somewhere that psoriasis is the healthiest disease
msadv
msadv

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:40 pm

Hi There,

Thanks for your reply. I am actually at only 55 kg at 170 cm. My BMI is at the borderline low. I would classify myself as underweight and "skinny" if that is the term to use.

This is also due to the psoriasis diet that I follow which is skewed towards the Dr Pagano recommendation. I use the diet along with prescription psoriasis medicine to manage my condition.

My objective for the gym at current moment is for a health reasons rather than fitness. Example: Ensure increased heart rate during workouts via cardio workouts, etc.

My personal point of view is that everyone should find their own health routine especially as we get older e.g. for instance passing 30, passing 40, etc.

More so for psoriasis patients due to the other ailments that we could be predisposed towards.

Do hope you have a good weekend ahead and hope your psoriasis is a at reduced level.

P/S Also do remember to ask any one whom you know who has psoriasis to drop by the forum too Very Happy
Dom
Dom

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by EcSTaTiC Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:14 am

Yeah that makes sense. I assume you're very buffed then?

EcSTaTiC

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:26 pm

My input is that if you want to de-stress, the gym should work.

It clicked with me one day when I read an interview of a business man who was usually stressed and his quote was "When I am in the gym for 1 hour, I concentrate on my workouts and hence my mind is free of my work for 1 hour. When the mind is busy at the gym, there is no room in the mind for stress during that 1 hour". Plus the entire body is getting a work out at the same time.

Hope the above makes sense.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post by EcSTaTiC Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:59 am

(c) Hypertension, diabetes, cancer, depression, obesity and even other immune-related conditions such as Crohn's disease

Funny, I stop gaining weight after I get psoriasis and my weight reading never budge ever since.

I feel like there's this paradox situation when you get psoriasis. On one hand, you're suppose to monitor your status so you can act accordingly. However, one the other hand, the more you monitor the more you worry and the worse your psoriasis gets.

EcSTaTiC

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Back to top Go down

Health Dashboard Empty Health Dashboard

Post by Dom Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:18 pm

Hi Everyone,

I had the idea of starting this thread to get the ball rolling with regards to discussing our personal health.

Lately, there has been data coming out from the USA that psoriasis patients are predisposed to:

(a) Encountering heart disease
(b) Shorter life span (reduced by approx 4-5 years from natural years)
(c) Hypertension, diabetes, cancer, depression, obesity and even other immune-related conditions such as Crohn's disease affraid

Here is the link: http://www.psoriasis.org/news/press/2008/080324_Increased_Risk.php

When I first heard the news in December 2007 on the above, I was slightly annoyed. Annoyed at the fact that we are already facing a tough challenge managing our flare ups and PASI scores - yet we now have new data that adds more challenges to our "plate".

However, I remember reading about being "Proactive" from the book 7 Habits Of Effective People.

Logically - if we keep our health in check against specific indicators - at least we can work towards improving our personal health and mitigate the risks that have been presented to us. So what do you think? Question

Through the past months, I've been working on my health "dashboard" and is anyone also doing this? Am curious to know Very Happy

I am monitoring the following dashboard items akin to the car dashboard:

BMI - Body Mass Index (See if you are in the zone)
Cholesterol (My systemic treatment causes this to shoot up)
Resting Heart Rate (fitness and overall health measure)
Blood Pressure - I think this leads to stroke if unchecked

I've also purchased a Polar heart rate monitor so that I can work out at the gym at recommended intensity levels.

Personally - I'm subscribing to the idea that with exercise and diet mitigation - we can work towards lowering our risks to the health issues that we have been genetically predisposed to as per the latest findings from the USA.

Basketball
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down