Psoriasis Forum Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psorcare

+5
alvinwong
qse150
bknv
Dom
hevealm
9 posters

Go down

Psorcare Empty Re: Psorcare

Post by tonytony Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:59 am

I've recently got back to psorcare. one of the complaints i had was it dried out my skin quite severely at the groin area and lead to skin cracking and bleeding. so that was painful. more to that later.

upon further consultation with the founder of psorcare cream, Dr. Azimahtol, application of psorcare on skin will encourage the skin the be redder and more P skin to appear. but this is desirable, in fact is the objective of psorcare. here's my story of the science behind psorcare.

the cream works by killing P cells on the skin. specifically, the target are the T-cells (or memory cells) which keeps telling our white blood cells (or soldier/repair cells) that there is a foreign object in that part of the skin, hence to attack, hence we get P on the skin. essentially, our skin is multiplying at an abnormal rate becoz its being attacked by our own body non-stop!!! .

psorcare is designed to kill T-cells (memory cells) which is identified to supposedly be the cause of P. under P condition, crazy T-cells keep telling our soldier cells to attack our skin due to detection of foreign object. the problem with these crazy t-cells is that it will also travel back to our bone marrow and update new T-cells coming out from the production line of the supposedly foreign object on our skin! leading to a never ending attack on our skin, P skin will forever be red and scaly, which is actually skin multiplication at an abnormal rate. The soldier cells keep attacking healthy skin for no reason !!!! soldier cells got to stop this nonsensical killing!!!

upon application of psorcare cream, skin becomes fiery red....because the cream kills crazy T-cells, more and more of it will come and do inspection !!! and it will keep telling soldier cells to attack !! AHA !! but crazy T-cells are falling into a trap, as psorcare will kill them upon application on the skin Smile once more and more crazy T-cells dies, less will be able to provide miss-information to bone marrow and hence new T-cells produced are healthy, non-crazy ones. the correct signal will be passed to our soldier cells that there is no foreign object on skin, hence to stop its attack and allow skin to heal at normal rate. this is the process of apoptosis (or programmed cell death) whereby our skin cells die at a normal rate, hence no more P patches !!

this process will take time, that's why i was advised to apply psorcare as frequent as possible on P skin throughout the day....to help kill more and more crazy T-cells.

now this could be a trick to get me to use more psorcare cream and buy more and more.....but with the understanding of cell growth and its relationship with T-cells and soldier cells explained above, it is my decision to believe this 'theory', hence have started to re-use psorcare cream on my other P spots.

Note: i have around 2 years ago used this cream on some spots on my calf. it eliminated P there, and never returned.

btw, i was advised to moisturize with virgin coconut oil in between application of psorcare to take care of skin being too dried and cracking and bleeding and pain as hell !!!

hope this helps ppl understand more of psorcare.

again i highlight i am just a normal customer, no affiliations with company/founder of any kind. just trying to provide information to members here.

tonytony

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by julianhopkins Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:21 pm

Hi Dom,

The only other thing I use is Neutrogena TGel for my scalp (but I find that keeping hair short is probably the most useful).

I don't get flare-ups fortunately. I haven't been eating dairy products for years (that will normally cause some reaction), and have a mostly vegetables and fish diet.

Cheers ,
Julian

julianhopkins

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:34 am

Hi Julian,

Thanks for posting. Just out of curiosity - are you using Psorcare and not any other prescribed meds?

What do you suspect as causing your flare ups?
Dom
Dom

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Back to top Go down

Psorcare Empty Psorcare helps me

Post by julianhopkins Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:11 am

I have mild psoriasis - scalp, elbows, knees, and a few other patches.

I have been using Psorcare for more than a year now. It is no miracle cure, but it has become my favoured psoriasis-managing product, and it even completely got rid of a couple of patches. It reduces the scaling pretty much completely, leaves the skin supple, and - very slowly - reduces the red areas too.

A major disadvantage is that it needs to be constantly reapplied, in fact the company recommends up to seven times a day - this is because the active ingredient is not absorbed into the skin or something. I'm lucky in that I mostly work from home so I apply it usually three times a day (too lazy to try seven times, it's also not very cheap).

It seems to work better if you keep it in the fridge.

julianhopkins

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanz Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:00 pm

Hello everybody...

On the Psorcare cream... I bought 4 units of the cream once they started selling it through the pharmacy. The price were very expensive with so little cream. Mad Since I have P all over my body, I just applied the Psorcare onto my arms to test it out. After complete usage of 3 bottles, my P was almost without any changes at all. Crying or Very sad

Then I stopped using it anymore although I still have 1 more tube left somewhere in my room. Sighh... My expectation of the Psorcare was very high initially as the advertisement said "cure" and with so many testimonials from Malaysian...

Now I just use moisturizer to keep the flaking to a minimal level but the "red" patches are still everywhere and very visible. I never wear short sleeve shirt or a T-shirt anymore. Everyday and night is a "formal" dress code for me... hehehehe. Thank God I have an understanding wife and kids... They are supporting me all the way and keep me happy.... I love you

-Lanz-
Lanz
Lanz

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:16 pm

Hi Alvin,

Thanks for sharing. However, I would advise for you not to use words such as "pity" for the members here. Pity implies that one looks down on people perhaps since you are out of the "psoriasis pit".

Again, I hope you are not selling things here since you have left a nugget such as "I had healed after 15 years living with it." and this sort of language implies "baiting" for more information. Please share openly if you have advice for other people. Many thanks.

If you have found a way, please share with the members. Anyone who has intention of selling supplements through this forum is strictly prohibited from doing so.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 29

https://psoriasismalaysia.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alvinwong Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:21 pm

Hi all

My name is Alvin from Subang Jaya, Selangor

I had tried so many things that you people out there had said & tried as well. None of these work long term; ranging from all sorts of creams to steroids. Psoriasis is a very peculiar skin disease.

It's a pity for all of you still suffering it. Thank God, I had healed after 15 years living with it.

Wish you all well.

Alvin Wong
alvinwong
alvinwong

Number of posts : 4
Job/Hobbies : Internet Marketing/Forex Trading
Registration date : 2008-11-13

http://www.4life-stay-healthy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by qse150 Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:46 pm

oh btw ...we ARE ALL SUFFERING HERE. So, don't worry. you're not alone.

qse150

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by qse150 Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:45 pm

bknv wrote:Hi there, new member here.

I have severe psoriasis all over my body and have tried almost everything that's available.

I've tried Psorcare and it never worked at all. I even met the Prof who invented this. I spent RM240 for 6 units and never saw any improvement. Don't waste your time and money.

Tried everything that's possible from Western medicines to traditional, both Indian and Chinese, nothing has worked so far.

Currently just using vaselin Petroleum Jelly. Still suffering.

Balan (balanisha@pd.jaring.my)

bknv,

how long have you been on those medication that u mentioned?! From my experience, different people will yield different results. Thats the problem for us P people.

Like me, i use polytar shampoo for my Scalp P and for my Plague, i use:

1. Aqueos cream ( for moistuirizing)
2. LPC / Bethamethasone ( i alternate between these two)

Sometimes the effect wont show up that fast. Might take weeks to months. So one thing we P people gotta have is patience. My plague p flare up from time to time. Mostly due to work pressure and sometimes after a drinking spree geek

qse150

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Fri May 23, 2008 7:42 pm

Hi Balan,

Great to hear that you have found this Forum. Firstly, welcome.

Just to get an update on your status:

(a) Do you see a dermatologist?
(b) What is your coverage like? 60-70-80%
(c) Have you tried topicals?
(d) Have you tried systemic medicine?

Please explore (d) if you haven't. You would have noticed that on this forum I have mentioned that I am on Acitretin which works for me. This has been the best drug for me at this point in time. Not that I am promoting it - but I haven't come across many other people in Malaysia who has used this and would like to cross notes with other psoriasis patients who have experience with it.

Having said that - with systemics - it's better that your derm to gives you his/her supervision. Of course - you also need a good derm Very Happy

Do let us know of your status yes? Hope to hear from you.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Psorcare Empty Psorcare

Post by bknv Fri May 23, 2008 5:54 pm

Hi there, new member here.

I have severe psoriasis all over my body and have tried almost everything that's available.

I've tried Psorcare and it never worked at all. I even met the Prof who invented this. I spent RM240 for 6 units and never saw any improvement. Don't waste your time and money.

Tried everything that's possible from Western medicines to traditional, both Indian and Chinese, nothing has worked so far.

Currently just using vaselin Petroleum Jelly. Still suffering.

Balan (balanisha@pd.jaring.my)

bknv

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:46 pm

Hi Raj,

The polytar did helped me "manage" the psoriasis but I don't think it works as good as the systemic acetretin i'm taking. I used to have more than 10 spots and now down to 1 or 2 only.

However, should you wish to attack the psoriasis using topical application - Can you ask your derm if he/she is ok to let you try cloderm scalp lotion?
This is topical application.

This has salicylic acid - helps penetrate the scales. Perhaps also ask her for a rotational therapy "tactic" for steroids on the scalp.

Your body can get use to 1 steroid. You can actually rotate between cloderm scalp lotion and beprosalic lotion (hoe pharmacy). And also using daivonex scalp lotion for the mornings and steroids at night. Best as your derm to prescribe the "combo". e.g how many weeks on Clorderm and when to switch to beprosalic ... Plus ask her to advise you on "occlusion therapy" ie when it gets bad - sleep with showercap + steroid application on the head on for a few days for maximum penetration.

The above tactics in my humble opinion - are also slightly messy and takes a lot of care and time.

The systemic medicine has been my best remedy for scalp psoriasis so far.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Post by hevealm Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:54 pm

Dear Dom,

On Psorcare for last 2 weeks and imagine applying 5-7x daily as prescribed! There are changes, but very minimal so far and i am nearly at the end of the first bottle. Will keep u posted though if any major improvements seen.

The Pagano diet, not easy to maintain i think but anyway i have already cut off on sugar and meat. Let's see if food plays a part on my P.

Dom, any suggestions for scalp? I am using polytar shampoo but feels like it does more harm than good.

Btw, how is your acetretin treatment going? Hope u 'r having minimal side effects and a good workout at the gym too.

Take care,
Raj

hevealm

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:32 pm

Hi Raj,

Just saw your post. Apologies I didn't enable settings to "monitor" this post via email hence I didn't know you posted.

I have heard of this cream before and I think some of the Psoriasis Association members tried this before.

However, I personally didn't like how the newspapers (I think it was the New Straits times, but I could be wrong) positioned it. The was a "cure" word in the title of the write up and we all know that such a word is a "tall order".

This autoimmune disease is just so complex ... I think you get the point.

However, do try it out and report your experience with us. Btw, have you read Dr Pagano? Go to Amazon.Com and check it out. The diet worked for me once but then it stopped working. I'm still on the diet (not a 100%) but I think it does help with the health part.
Dom
Dom

Back to top Go down

Psorcare Empty Psorcare

Post by hevealm Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:44 am

Dear Dom and friends,

Anyone ever tried this herbal cream (Psorcare) manufactured in Malaysia? It was invented by an UKM Professor named Prof. Azimahtol and is a ginger based herbal cream. Priced at RM40 per 10gram bottle, it's expensive but i heard many have gained significant improvement upon using it topically.

I am trying out my first bottle and shall keep you all informed on the progress.

Take care,
Raj

hevealm

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum