Psoriasis Forum Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New member here...

3 posters

Go down

New member here... Empty New member here...

Post by Lanz Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:13 pm

Hello everyone...

My name is Lanz and I am living in Damansara. I am having this P for around 10 years now. I am married with 2 kids. The P is affecting my work and my life, and now it is also affecting my family as I feel ashamed to wear short sleeved t-shirts or shorts.

The doctors have confirmed that I am having Plaque Psoriasis and Guttate Psoriasis at the same time and covers almost 90% of my body Crying or Very sad

Recently it appears around my nose and near my earlobe...

I am hoping to find cure or at least ways to improve my condition from you guys.... Thank you.
Lanz
Lanz

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-11-25

Back to top Go down

New member here... Empty Re: New member here...

Post by Dom Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:51 am

Hi Lanz,

Greet to see you hear. This is Dom the admin. Glad to have you found us.

The not so good news: There is currently no known medical cure (albeit some people who claim that they can cure psoriasis). In the past few years, psoriasis has been determined to be gene based. Hence that is why - the future of the "cure" will likely come from fixing the gene (which is a large question mark as to when the fixing can start and complete. This is the information coming out of science and research - you can google this)

The good news: There is such a thing called remission i.e. it goes away and never comes back or does not come back for a long time. Some people mistake this for a cure.

The other good news: There are ways to manage your psoriasis so that you "minimize" it. Please note that because we are in Malaysia, we may have slightly lesser options compared to say USA.

Please feel free to browse around the forum and check out the discussions. In most of my posts you will find that I am currently on acitretin. You can private message (PM) me if you need more info.

Since you are in Damansara, do you already have a dermatologist (derm) that works with you on your P? You can also PM me if you are looking for a derm - I can recommend you. I'm living in Damansara Kim opposite Damansara Utama.
Dom
Dom

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanz Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:52 pm

Thank you Dom for the kind welcome...

Currently I have no derm at all although I once tried with a derm at Jalan TAR. After a while I quit the program since there was not much progress and relief from the P I was having back then...

If you have a good derm, you can PM me and I'll take it from there...

Thanks Dom...
Lanz
Lanz

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-11-25

Back to top Go down

New member here... Empty hi..am new to this site too

Post by elinny Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:00 pm

hello
i 1st diagnosed to hv psoriasis in 2002..so now it's abt 8 years already been living with it..it wasnt a surpise coz my twin sis also having it ..as well as my dad, n few other relatives..guess im just waiting for my turn.hehe

the psoriasis gets very bad during exams season..after my final exam in uni..it took me about 8-12 months to reduce the lesions ..i even too anti cancer drugs as recommended by dermatologist..currently am still under follow up at dermatologist clinic at govt hosp..they supply me with all the meds i need..tell u what..it's not so bad having psoriasis actually..u just hv to be a bit rajin to apply ur medication/lotion, be more discipline..n try to lead a stress-free life..the last one is extremely hard actually..currently am having dilemma whether to further study or not coz if i do..am definitely sure my psoriasis will worsen up..then, i will get upset n more stress..then it will b like a cycle tht will never ends..

elinny

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum