Psoriasis Forum Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what kind of treatments do u use?

5 posters

Go down

what kind of treatments do u use? Empty what kind of treatments do u use?

Post by manuellea Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:55 am

me use beprosalic and elomet..with lots of nivea lotion and aqueos cream
manuellea
manuellea

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-09-03

Back to top Go down

what kind of treatments do u use? Empty ...treatment...

Post by Admin Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:53 pm

Hi Manuellea,

Thanks for the contribution.

Just to share, I've just started Acetretin / Soriatane. It's a systemic drug. Have you heard of it before? I've got systemic psoriasis and the guttate kind.

I'm into my 3rd week and bracing for more side effects.

I hope you don't have systemic psoriasis as I would reckon localisation is not as bad as it being systemic ie scalp, torso, arms, legs etc

drunken

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-02-07

https://psoriasismalaysia.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

what kind of treatments do u use? Empty Re: what kind of treatments do u use?

Post by EcSTaTiC Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:03 pm

I use Stieprox for my scalp and it works perfectly. My scalp was 100% cleared for like 2 or 3 years but it came back few days ago.

When it gets really really bad, I will use Pinetarsol when I bathe (its a tar based liquid to be used as shower gel/soap when you bathe).

I just got off from Daivonex and Daivobet. Daivobet is a steroid based ointment and it works fine until your body becomes immune to it (I don't think using steroid stuff is good because it only gives you a fake hope with a big tragedy in the end). Daivonex is an ointment where it reduces the scales on the patches but what I've noticed when you use it is if you accidentally applied outside of the patches the patches will get bigger and bigger because the medicine basically 'eats' away your skin. Its like a double edged sword. I experimented on few spots of guttate psoriasis and they got bigger and bigger and turned into plague type.

For the past one year or more, I've only applied vaseline and Protopic. Vaseline is a gel version of paraffin oil I think. It doesn't do anything actually, only moistens the patches, when its dry I feel very painful and my movements become quite limited. I mostly use Protopic on my forehead and hairlines. It works really well and I can see results within 2-3 days even if I only apply it once a day. However it costs RM110 for 10g I think. Very expensive but works well for me.

For the past few years I've tried various medicines, including Elomet, methotrexate etc etc even chinese meds. None of them worked for me. I think the most important thing is to find the one that suits you best.

Has anyone tried UVB treatment (narrowband treatment)?? I was 99% cleared when I went for UVB treatment but some spots stayed and some new spots came. I'm suppose to restart my UVB treatment programme again but due to severe procrastination problem I haven't called my nurse yet lol.

EcSTaTiC

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:18 pm

Hi Ecstatic,

Thanks for sharing. The topical stuff you use such as Stieprox and Pinetarsol does not ring a bell. Did you buy these at the local pharmacy in Kuching?

My hunch and past working experience tells me that West & East Malaysia does get different FMCG and pharmaceutical products from different suppliers.

Also interesting to hear that you are using Protopic for your P. I always tought that this was mainly for eczema. Do you have a mix of P and eczema and hence the protopic use and effectiveness?

Also interesting to hear that "meth" did not work for you since this is a systemic drug and I always thought that systemics gave more "punch" than the topical applications.

Just to share, I'm currently on Soriatane. Medicine name in Malaysia is called Acitretin and brand name is Neotigason (Roche) and I reckon Soriatane is the American brand name.

Perhaps this drug is something for you to bring up with your derm and explore?

Since you are a male (you are right? oops if I got it wrong Embarassed ) - it will not be severe risky for you with regards to the issue of pregnancy and deformed babies risk.

I am fluctuating between 5% - 10% affected and my psoriasis management has really really improved since I started Acitretin. It has really helped me manage my psoraisis so much. Example: I am wearing short sleeves to the gym and also can eat much more food than before without causing a flare up.

As we can't get a hold of biologics (due to the price factor), I reckon this systemic drug is probably the safest compared to meth and Cyclosporin according to my derm.

It has a range of side effect and the ones I am encountering is very dry lips (but can be managed with lip vaseline so no worries) and dry eyes (also I have a daily eye drop solution so no worries as well).

Cholestrol is currently in check but then again I have quite a strict diet and the gym sessions do help.

Hope the above info helps.
Dom
Dom

Number of posts : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by EcSTaTiC Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:09 pm

All of my meds are from my derm though, I just use whatever he gives me and yeah I'm a male.

I'm not sure whether I have a mixed of eczema and psoriasis or not but my derm diagnosed me as plague type psoriasis that's all. So far so good though (the meds he asked me to try). I did asked him for more systemic meds but he disapproved that by saying psoriasis can only be controlled at the moment therefore no need to rush things if my psoriasis isn't going out of control because systemic meds often lead to complexity of other problems (mainly because I'm too young). That's how I ended up applying vaseline and protopic only.

By the way, I found this when I was reading on wikipedia. This was on the future drug developement section.

It has been suggested that cannabis might treat psoriasis, due to the anti-inflammatory properties of its cannabinoids, and the regulatory effects of THC on the immune system.[25] The adverse effects of cannabis might be overcome by use of more specific cannabinoid receptor medications,[26] to inhibit keratinocyte proliferation.

If somehow this ended up as the cure for psoriasis, that means we have license to smoke marijuana?? ahaha

EcSTaTiC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:23 pm

That's quite funny indeed. Let's wait and see.

jocolor

I'm currently subscribed to iGoogle alerts on psoriasis where the latest news on psoriasis meds will pop up on my iGoogle page. Just something to share.
Dom
Dom

Number of posts : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by qse150 Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:33 am

manuellea wrote:me use beprosalic and elomet..with lots of nivea lotion and aqueos cream

yo ..does the nivea u use is the one with the vitamin E mosturising cream?!

fyi, i got pa and scalp p too. Use polytar for my scalp and baby johnson&johnson vitamin e oil for it.

For my pa, nearly my entire back is full of it, hands and legs too Sad
I use aqueos creame, bethamethasone and LPC for my pa.

Last time manage to entirely clear myself once when i head for Bali for vacation. I think the sun and the sea helps a lot.

qse150

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by qse150 Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:34 am

EcSTaTiC wrote:All of my meds are from my derm though, I just use whatever he gives me and yeah I'm a male.

I'm not sure whether I have a mixed of eczema and psoriasis or not but my derm diagnosed me as plague type psoriasis that's all. So far so good though (the meds he asked me to try). I did asked him for more systemic meds but he disapproved that by saying psoriasis can only be controlled at the moment therefore no need to rush things if my psoriasis isn't going out of control because systemic meds often lead to complexity of other problems (mainly because I'm too young). That's how I ended up applying vaseline and protopic only.

By the way, I found this when I was reading on wikipedia. This was on the future drug developement section.

It has been suggested that cannabis might treat psoriasis, due to the anti-inflammatory properties of its cannabinoids, and the regulatory effects of THC on the immune system.[25] The adverse effects of cannabis might be overcome by use of more specific cannabinoid receptor medications,[26] to inhibit keratinocyte proliferation.

If somehow this ended up as the cure for psoriasis, that means we have license to smoke marijuana?? ahaha

dude ...cannabis is weed man. Maybe we ALL should start smoking WEED. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

qse150

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by EcSTaTiC Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:44 am

Yeah, we'll have license to smoke weed soon hahahaah. I told my friend about that research and he asked me how much weed I wanna buy lol

EcSTaTiC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down