Let your inner beauty shine

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Let your inner beauty shine

Post by ran1352 on Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:36 pm

Hi from Sabah. I'm Rechel and I've had psoriasis since 8 years old. I'm now 35 and accepting that the fact psoriasis will always be a part of my life. I used to hate social outings and always had good excuses why I always covered up and so and so. I guess all of u understand. Nowadays I let my friends know about my disease and explain to them what is. That way I feel less pressured, more normal and I love my life... Try to stay positive and dont be ashamed of yourself. I'm fat, short , have hairy legs and I have PSORIASIS... so??? Nobody's perfect. The best thing is I have a fiancee that loves me just the way I am.

ran1352

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-11-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Let your inner beauty shine

Post by Dom on Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:02 pm

Hi Rechel,

Glad to hear you on the forum. I'm Dom - the admin here.

Just to have a quick check - is your psoriasis guttate, plaque, etc?
Also in your opinion, what is your coverage level i.e. 20%,40%, 60%?

Do you have a derm and how are you controlling it?

Hope to have your sharing so that we can also share and see if we can help in any way we can. Hope to hear from you soon cyclops
Dom

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2007-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ran1352 on Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:05 pm

Hi dom, to answer your question...I have 2 big plague just above my ankle.. on both legs...They have always been the mother of my plaque since 1990. Sometimes I get some small guttate ones on my elbow and overall body. It usually stays about 4-6 months before they disappear. I get these every 2 year. At the moment I'm not using any kind of treatment. I take a multivitamin supplement together with milk thistle and lecithin. I work as a supervisor in a herb farm.. and has the advantage of getting enough sunlight during the daytime. Maybe this the reason why my P hasnt flared up for a long time...

ran1352

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom on Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:53 pm

Hi Rechel,

When you mention that you get the plaques every 2 years - are you saying that they are time bound? As in there is a pattern to your psoriasis? This is quite peculiar.

I used to take Lecithin (for approx 3-4 months) but I stopped because I was not seeing any results. Did not try the milk thistle though.
Dom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ran1352 on Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:06 pm

Yeap.. my grandma says it grows like the wild mushrooms.. which are seasonal. I wonder if anybody out there has the same pattern. I think the longer u have P, you tend to see the pattern. So if my P flares, I need not worry to much as I know it will subside in 4-8 months..

ran1352

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by haniey on Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:35 pm

hye...
i'm haniey form malacca... i've suffer psoriasis since im 6 years old.. i start wif small circle plaque...
now i'm 23years old n my psoriasis getting bad to worse...
i'm just married n luckly my hubby luv me even more than my skin conditions.. is there any cure tat help me prevent my psoriasis??

haniey

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom on Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:16 pm

Hi Haniey,

Thanks for your post and introduction. Welcome to the forum. I'm Dom the Administrator.

Just to say that you are not alone with Psoriasis and there are plenty of people in this country and world that share the same condition as you.

Please feel free to browse the forum to look at how the other forum users are managing their psoriasis.

Till today, there is no know permanent cure for Psoriasis. However one can manage psoriasis and also there has been many cases of successful long remissions i.e. long periods of time where people's Psoriasis go away.

Please feel free to ask questions and contribute to the forum. Have a good week ahead.
Dom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top