Psoriasis Forum Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi

3 posters

Go down

Hi Empty Hi

Post by Spotty Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:39 am

Hi Guys,

I'm new here. I been having P for more than 7 years now. I never really took it seriously in the beginning as it disappear quickly once I applied the doctor's cream.

Until lately, I noticed some of my P has been there for more than 3 to 6 months. Its become very noticeable too and it makes me self conscious for the first time. This has prompted me to look for more details on P and that's when I came across this Forum which shed some lights to my problem.

My doctor have never really told me that I have P until lately that he confirms it. My histopathology report said that it is consistent with "pityriasis lichenoides chronica". My doctor have never spoken on diet to me before. I only realise that diet can play a role in P after coming to this Forum.

Please help me get started on my diet if there is one that I can follow. U guys have been talking about Dr.Pagano's diet, pls enlighten me about this as I'm very keen to take serious step to keep my P in control.

Spotty

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Hi Empty Re: Hi

Post by EcSTaTiC Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:26 am

My doctor never said anything about diet to me either, the first thing he told me when I first consulted him was that I can eat whatever I want.

Well, honestly I've never really tried having a diet and still my P is still now 90%++ gone compared to my previous condition. One thing I can say for sure is, alcohol makes me feel itchy. Probably due to the dehydration or something.

EcSTaTiC

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:02 pm

Hi Spotty,

Firstly, welcome to the forum.

With regards to controlling psoriasis, I would like to say that each of us have our own way of controlling it.

However, should you wish to use diet as a way to control - here is some information to get you started:

(a) Go to www.amazon.com and search for the book Pagano. In the reviews section - go through the various contributions from the world over. I think there is more than 50+ or more comments. Here you will find an overview of the Pagano regimen
(b) Go to http://www.flakehq.com/ and use the search function to look up Pagano. This website is by Ed Dewke (american gentleman) who has many people writing to him about pagano (works or don't work)
(c) The main diet portion of the book asks to avoid the nightshades which are : tomatoes and derivatives, potatos, tobacco, eggplant, peppers (black pepper is fine) and paprika

Please go through the above and post more questions. There is quite a lot to cover from what you can/cannot eat to the theories behind them.

Hope to hear from you and with more of your questions - we will answer and help where we can ...

Also please share if you have allergies, etc
Dom
Dom

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum