Psoriasis Forum Malaysia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi, I'm new here. Just saying hello...

4 posters

Go down

Hi, I'm new here. Just saying hello... Empty Hi, I'm new here. Just saying hello...

Post by Joycelyn Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:22 pm

Hello, I read about this forum from the Star newspaper, and thought I'd take a look.

You guys are a helpful, supportive bunch i must say! well done!

I have psoriasis, mainly on my scalp, and scaly bits of skin at the hip area...

I've seen a dermatologist who diagnosed it, but the oils, and creams he prescribed helped a bit, and then my scalp started itching and flaking again. Always in round ring-worm like flaky scabs... it's not pretty, and it itches... sigh....

Recently i found that a tar based shampoo that helps (T-Gel from Neutrogena), with daily shampoo-ing... it doesnt go away completely, but the flaking has reduced tremendously, and i have "good days" where my head feels almost normal....

So that's my story folks... again, well done on this forum!

Joycelyn

Joycelyn

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Hi, I'm new here. Just saying hello... Empty Re: Hi, I'm new here. Just saying hello...

Post by Admin Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:55 pm

Hi Jocelyn,

Many thanks for coming over to the forum. Let me begin by bidding you welcome cheers

With regards to scalp psoriasis, personally I have found this tough to beat.

If it gets really bad - have you tried "occlusion therapy"? This mainly involves wearing a shower cap to sleep and have the meds soak through the scalp. You can probably google this. But mind you, that you won't look pretty when you wake up Razz

Look through the threads and post. As mentioned in there before, I found that systemic meds were the only means of clearing my scalp down to 5% or 10% with P.

I hope you go through the threads and post & find something useful. Please read Clarice's post on what shampoo she uses too.

Cheers and feel free to ask any questions.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-02-07

https://psoriasismalaysia.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Hi, I'm new here. Just saying hello... Empty new here

Post by simonhtz83 Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:33 am

Hi I'm new here. Age 25, male, new psoriasis patient. After all this years thinking and diagnosed with eczema, today, doc finally found out I actually had psoriasis all along.

"It is looks like eczema, but your finger nails gave it away."

=.='

Had it at my legs and and fingers and few other spots on my body. Using the doc's ointment for the time being and see how it goes...

And again, hi everybody! Smile

simonhtz83

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Hi, I'm new here. Just saying hello... Empty Re: Hi, I'm new here. Just saying hello...

Post by Admin Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:05 pm

Hi Simonhtz83,

Glad you have dropped by and said Hi.

You are not alone with the eczema to psoriasis diagnosis.

Personally I used to have eczema from approx 18-27. Then at 27, the psoriasis set in and the eczema disappeared (kinda switched over)

Is your psoriasis localized or systemic? Hopefully localized tho. Hope to hear from you and feel free to ask any questions.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by yan tan Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:53 am

hi guys, i am new here also.
can i know what is the different between localized and systemic psoriasis?

yan tan

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:04 am

Yan tan, welcome. Localized means a part of the body and not spread across entire body which is systemic. Example:a patch on the leg and no where else. Pls note we also hv a facebook page. Take care

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum